Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish where we list our top tens!
September 1: Ten Characters You Just Didn’t Click With
1. America from the Selection series by Kiera Cass
Throughout the whole series I never clicked well with America. I could not get over how she acted and her thought process. She mostly drove me up the walls.
2. Liz from Falling into Place by Amy Zhang
I didn’t feel like I knew her that well, but then again I did not know any of the characters in this book well at all. Very disconnected.
3. Zayne from The Dark Elements Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I don’t like how he acted and I was Team Roth from the first page because Zayne’s personality drove me away.
4. Bliss from The Losing it Series by Cora Carmack
I was okay with Bliss, like her awkwardness was great but I just didn’t feel it with her as a character in the series as I did/do with the others.
5. Lina from the Most Wanted Series by J. Kenner
I didn’t even know her name till almost the second chapter, and all the way through the book she ( to me) she had a bit of a sucky personality that I just didn’t click with.
6. Emma from the Reason to Breath Series by Rebecca Donovan
I didn’t click with Emma because I know nothing of what she went through. As in I have never been in the same situation she is in throughout the books.
7. Bree, Olivia, Kitty, and Margot from the Get Even Series by Gretchen McNeil
While reading this book ( and loving it) , I felt like these girls were girls in my high school who I never really talked to but still kind of knew. But I still might not be friends with them in the four years of school with them.
8. Josie from Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
Not sure what to really say, just no spark or click with Josie.
9. Cadence from We Were Liars by e.Lockhart
I thought Candence was a boy for the first five chapters for some weird reason ( I really don’t know why it happened). But I just did not click on any level with her.
10. Ella from The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi
Just nothing really in common with this character and nothing about her made me love her or click with her.
What are some of your top ten characters that you never clicked with in books? Let me know in the comments!